Taken as inspiration from the Haunted Mansion theme park attraction, these columns are constructed on wood framing, then covered with foam, carved by hand and painted for an aged, distressed look.
- 1″ x 3″ wood frame
- Covered with 1/4″ door-skin (1/4″ birch plywood)
- 2″ foam sheets glued to door-skin
- Carved by hand with a hot knife or wood-burning tool
- Coated with solid paint over the entire surface
- Grooves painted with dark contrasting color
- Entire column sprayed with stone textured spray paint
Images by Haunted Mansion Northside
Our big thanks to James again for sharing!
You can share this using the e-mail and social media re-share buttons below. Thanks!
See The Latest: Go Back Home to See Our Latest Halloween Displays.