Who we are
Our website address is: http://HallowLane.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
To assist with sending you requested information, we use WPForms and Mailchimp to collect and store your email address. WPForm and Mailchimp outlines their use of your personal data and anonymized data here and here. You may opt-out of the collection of your data by unsubscribing (we will remove your data) and contacting them using the instructions on their privacy pages above.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes, we have asked your consent for.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymous Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify you if there is a threat to your interests. We will do what we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
What third parties we receive data from
DoubleClick DART Cookie
→ Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site’s visitors based upon their visit to https://hallowlane.com and other sites on the Internet.
Our Advertising Partners
- Rakuten Linkshare
https://hallowlane.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
- We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an – affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Click here for CCPA compliance.
HallowLane.com and 23FS LLC are in compliance with 17 U.S.C. * 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Our policy is to respond to any infringement notices and take appropriate actions under the DMCA and other applicable intellectual property laws.
If you believe that copyrighted material has been posted on HallowLane.com and you want this material removed, you must provide a written communication that details the information listed in the following section. Please be aware that you will be liable for damages (including potential court costs and attorneys’ fees) if you misrepresent information listed on our site that is infringing on your copyrights.
The following elements must be included in your copyright infringement claim:
- You must provide evidence of the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- You must provide sufficient contact information so that we may contact you. Please include a valid email address, phone number and mailing address.
- You must identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- You must provide a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- You must provide a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- The letter must be signed by the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner, or the owner itself, of the exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.
You can send the infringement notice to the email address below:
Once the proper bona fide infringement notification is received by the Designated Agent it is company policy to do the following:
- Remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material
- To notify the content provider, user, member, or other contributor that the material has been removed or disabled
- Repeat offenders (content providers, users, members, or other contributors) will have the infringing material removed from the system and the company will terminate the content provider’s access to contributing.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and contact AdThrive at email@example.com. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (Available in the EU.)